Renogy 2PCS Solar Panel Kit 550 Watts 12/24 Volts Monocrystalline High-Efficiency Module PV Power Charger Off-Grid Supplies for Rooftop Charging Station Farm Yacht and Other Off-Grid Applications Everything Else
Renogy 2PCS Solar Panel Kit Specifications
Maximum Power: 550W
Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 49.95 V
Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 41.97 V
Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 13.11 A
Short-Circuit Current (Isc): 14.05 A
Maximum Series Fuse Rating: 25 A
Maximum System Voltage: 1500V DC (UL)
Operating Temperature: -40°F to 185°F
High-Powered 550W Monocrystalline Solar Panel
• 22.8% conversion efficiency provides more output per surface area.
• PERC cells capture more light to generate more electricity.
• Half-Cell tech improves shade tolerance.
• 10-Busbar tech reduces the impact of microcracks to enhance efficiency.
• Pre-drilled mounting holes for easy and quick installation.
• More power generation, less installation space.
- Dimensions: 89.7 x 44.6 x 1.4 in (2279 x 1134 x 35 mm) Weight: 62.8 lbs (28.5 kg)
- Junction Box & Solar Connectors: IP65 / IP68 (1m, 1h)
- Output Cables: 12 AWG (1 ft per cable)
How Are Renogy 2PCS Solar Panel Different?
All Renogy 2PCS Solar Panel adopt PERC cells, Half-Cell, and 9-Busbar technologies.
- The main difference between PERC cells and conventional monocrystalline cells is a passivation layer added on the backside of the solar cell, which improves the solar light capture. This layer increases the panel’s energy generation by boosting efficiency.
- Half-Cell architecture improves shade tolerance, ensuring better electrical performance over conventional modules.
- Compared with a standard 5-Busbar design, the 10-Busbar design reduces the impact of microcracks and minimizes the cell gap to ensure performance and increase the module’s efficiency.
– Renogy’s 550W monocrystalline solar panel provides an average of 2200-2750 Watt-hours (Wh) power per day (depending on sun availability).
– It has passed the strict electroluminescence (EL) test without any microcracks. No hot spots.
More Power, Less Space
– Engineered with industry-leading technologies, this high-powered 550W solar panel provides maximum power generation for your limited roof space.
– It’s an economical long-term investment for utility-scale systems, solar power plants, residential and commercial applications.
Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum Frame
– Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame design ensures the solar panel survives in harsh outdoor environments, including the burning sun and heavy rain.
– Provides an extended period of work time without damage or loss of performance.
Pre-Drilled Holes for Easy Installation
– Renogy 2PCS Solar Panel are equipped with back frame and ground mounting holes, ready for installation.
– They are easy to mount and secure, ideal for off-grid, on-grid, and hybrid solar systems.
Extreme Weather Endurance
– Withstand up to 5400 Pa of heavy snow load and up to 2400 Pa of high wind.
– Provide excellent durability in a harsh environment.
– IP68 rated waterproof junction box and solar connectors ensure that water and dust will not enter during extended outdoor use.
– The built-in bypass diodes protect the solar cells from overheating, allowing the solar panel to perform during accidental shading by bypassing the underperforming cells.
Q: Is each panel 550 Watt or a whole combination? What about the size and weight?
A: 550 Watt per panel. The dimension of one panel is 89.7 x 44.6 x 1.4 inches, and the weight is 62.8 lbs.
Q: How many kWh a day does this solar panel produce?
A: If your solar panels are exposed to 5 hours of direct sunlight per day, it can provide an average of 2200-2750 Watt-hours (2.2 kWh – 2.75 kWh) of electricity (depending on sun availability).
Q: Why choose this high-powered 550 Watt module rather than 5-6 100 Watt solar panels?
A: High-powered solar panels are primarily used for utility-scale systems, solar power plants, solar farms, residential and commercial applications. Compared with 100 Watt solar panels, these high-powered 550 Watt modules provide maximum power generation for your limited roof space. They also allow the use of fewer mounting systems, including wiring cables, screws, or mounting brackets.
Q: Can Renogy 2PCS Solar Panel be used on a grid-tied system?
A: Sure, they can. These high-powered 550 Watt solar panels work with on-grid, off-grid, and hybrid systems. But please note that when using them on on-grid and hybrid systems, we recommend that you contact a licensed solar installer familiar with on-grid/hybrid setups. On-Grid solar system means solar power equipment (array or solar panel) is connected to the utility grid. Off-Grid solar system refers to a system that is not connected to the grid. An Off-Grid system is not affected by grid blackouts. A Hybrid system is when your solar panels remain connected to the grid’s power lines and have a backup battery system to store excess power.
Q: How should I connect solar panels to my electrical circuit (series vs parallel)?
A: Solar panels can be connected in series or in parallel to meet your electrical circuit size and power needs. Connecting solar panels in series, the operating voltage output will add up while the current output will remain the same as a single solar panel. When connecting solar panels in parallel, the operating current output will add up while the voltage output will remain the same as a single solar panel. To meet your power system’s optimum power output and system rating, you can use parallel and series connections. Please note that we recommend connecting the solar panels with the same open circuit voltage.
Q: Do Renogy 2PCS Solar Panel have pre-drilled holes on the back?
A: Yes, they have. The pre-drilled holes help you to install the solar panel quickly and securely.
Q: Can this Renogy 2PCS Solar Panel be adapted to a 12V Marine Battery or 48V Lithium Battery?
A: Yes, it can. The optimum operating voltage of this 550W solar panel is 41.97V. So it’s suitable to use for charging your 12V Marine Battery and 48V Lithium Battery (by connecting at least two solar panels in series). Please note that you need to connect the solar panel(s) to a Charge Controller supporting a 12V or 48V system.